At the age of 4 he started to learn to play the flamenco guitar from his father, the guitarist José Antonio Conde. Later on, he studied with the maestro Andrés Batista, and participated in a few courses of Gerardo Nuñez, with whom he worked together in 2007 for the show 'Retorspectiva', and Sabicas in 2008. In 2008 he participated in a course of Manolo Sanlúcar at the Guitar Festival of Córdoba, and in 2011 he made several recordings under the supervision of this maestro from Cádiz.
When only 7 years old, Javier Conde offered his first concert in Cáceres playing several pieces. Two years later, he appeared on stage together with Manolo Sanúcar and the dancer Manolete.
From then, he started to give concerts in Spain as well as numerous countries in Europe, the United States, Latin America, Africa and Asia.
He has played concerts together with artists such as: Victor M. ¨Serranito¨, Manolo Sanlúcar, Rafael Riqueni, Gerardo Nuñez, Marina Heredia, Enrique de Melchor, La Paquera de Jerez, Meneses, Enrique Morente, Lebrijano, José Mercé, El Péle, Carmen Cortés, Eliadades Ochoa, Amparo Sánchez, and John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin.
In 2015 he participated in 'Flamenco India', a work of the film director Carlos Saura.
Prizes and awards
When only 15 years old, he was awarded the prestigious 'Bordón Minero' in 2004. Afterwards, he has won many more awards:
- In the year 1999, he became the youngest finalist ever of the 'Festival del cante de las minas' (Murcia);
- In the year 2000, he was awarded the 'Especial y Mención de Honor´ at the 10th Concurso Internacional de Guitarra Flamenca de Puente Genil (Córdoba);
- In the year 2001, he won the first prize 'Paco de Lucena' in Lucena, (Córdoba);
- In the year 2002, he was given the first prize at the 2nd Certamen 'Ateneo de Córdoba';
- In the year 2003, he obtained the first prize at the 6th Certamen Internacional de Guitarra Flamenca in Jaén;
- In the year 2004, he was awarded the first prize at the 24th Concurso Nacional de Guitarra Flamenca ´Torre del Cante'. Alhaurín de la Torre (Málaga);
- In the year 2012, he gained the 'Premio nacional de la Crítica Flamenca "Miguel Acal¨.
Recordings and books
He recorded two albums as a soloist: in 2003 he recorded the album ¨Homenaje a los grandes de la guitarra¨ at the age of 12, and in 2007 the album ¨Javier Conde en vivo¨ in Lyon, France.
In 2014, he recorded ¨Temas andaluces y flamencos¨, 20 compositions (notes, tablature and CD) of the concert guitarist and composer Andrés Batista.
In 2015 he recorded "Sabikerando" DVD+CD, a live recording, to pay tribute to maestro Sabicas at the centenary of his birth
He has participated in numerous recording of artists such as Manolo Sanlúcar, etc.
Javier Conde is graduated in flamenco guitar, and works at the Robert Schumann school in Düsseldorf, Germany.
He has given individual classes to numerous students from all over the world.